London Zoo

Elements area

Taxonomie

Code

Bereik aantekeningen

  • London Zoo opened to Fellows of the Zoological Society of London, and to the public with a written order from a Fellow and payment of 1 shilling in 1828. The royal animal collection from the Tower of London was presented in 1831. In 1847 the public were admitted to London Zoo for the first time without an order from a Fellow. After the eruption of the Second World War, London Zoo was closed multiple times for over a week at a time starting 11:00am on 3rd September 1939, when all zoological places were closed by order of the government. On 27th September 1940, high explosive bombs damaged the Rodent house, the Civet house, the gardener's office, the propagating sheds, the North Gate and the Zebra house. In January 1941, the Camel house was hit, and the aquarium could not open until May 1943 due to extensive bombings.

ron aantekeningen

    Toon aantekening(en)

      Hiërarchische termen

      London Zoo

      London Zoo

      Gelijksoortige termen

      London Zoo

        Verwante termen

        London Zoo

          22 Archivistische beschrijving results for London Zoo

          Kellner, S
          SUP/6/1/2/34 · Stuk · 1950
          Part of Superintendents

          Letter regarding specimens from Australia that were sent to the Reptile House

          Malcolm Campbell Ltd
          SUP/5/1/2/147 · Bestanddeel · 1946
          Part of Superintendents

          Correspondence between Malcolm Campbell Ltd and Geoffrey Marr Vevers regarding labels for the Reptile House and Children's Zoo

          New Reptile House
          SEC/9/2/18/5 · Stuk · 19 Nov 1925
          Part of ZSL Secretaries

          Papers regarding the new Reptile House in the Gardens of the Zoological Society of London

          New Reptile House
          SEC/9/2/20/6 · Stuk · 8 Jun 1927
          Part of ZSL Secretaries

          Note from the Secretary regarding opening of the new Reptile House at the Zoological Society of London