Information about the history of the Hospital, Quarantine and Pathology Section at London Zoo, a copy of the notes sent to Glaxo Labs in 1957 by the Scientific Director
- The Animal Hospital and Pathology Laboratory (occupied by the Institute of Zoology's Department of Veterinary Science) was built as a 'Sanatorium and Quarantine Station' to replace the sanatorium north east of the Bird House (see Prosectorium). The siting is deliberately remote from the Zoo's animal houses. On the ground floor there are offices, an operating theatre, an X-ray room, a food preparation area and animal dens around the west and south sides leading to outdoor cages in a walled yard. The first floor has offices, laboratories and large cages. Built 1955-56, Franz Stengelhofen, architect.
- The Buildings of London Zoo
Animal Hospital and Pathology Laboratory
BT London Zoo