- The Zoological Society of London Offices and Library building was erected to replace premises in Hanover Square. The Society's move to Regent's Park was prompted by the need for convenient access to the Zoo and for greater space for a growing library. The building's angular elevations are characteristic of Joass. The principal interior space in the building was originally the Society's Meeting Room and Library. It has since been divided horizontally and refitted as a reading room over book stacks (the Society's Meeting Rooms had moved to the Nuffield Building). Built 1909-1910, John James Joass, architect; G Godson and Sons, builders; lift made by Archibald Smith, Major and Stevens; cost £17,787. Attic and turret balustrading removed 1932. Library conversion 1932. Library conversion 1965, funded by Wolfson Foundation; Franz Stengelhofen and Colin Wears, architects. First building in the Zoo with an electricity supply. A cable was run from here to the Insect House. The Council Room, Reception and Library Lobby was refurbished in 2006.
- The Buildings of London Zoo