East Service Gate Buildings

Elements area



Scope note(s)

  • The East Service Gate is to the north of the Pavilion Building. To its east there is a lodge that was originally the Head Keeper's Quarters. Given its probable date of construction its architect may have been Anthony Salvin Junior. Latterly it has been used as a storage area and as meeting rooms. Lodge built 1863-64. Extended about 1909 when service gate was formed. West of the service entrance stands a simple brick shed which was built as a bakery for the nearby Regent and Pavilion Buildings, to replace the bakery in the basement of the Refreshment Rooms building (now the Parrot House). It was converted for use as a supplies building. Former bakery, 1929. Converted 1961-62.

Source note(s)

  • The Buildings of London Zoo

Display note(s)

    Hierarchical terms

    East Service Gate Buildings

    East Service Gate Buildings

      Equivalent terms

      East Service Gate Buildings

        Associated terms

        East Service Gate Buildings

          0 Archival description results for East Service Gate Buildings

          We couldn't find any results matching your search.